cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Comparison Graphs

steve_davies
Participant

Hi,

is it possible to (1) create a graph which contains series from different time periods of a data source and (2) have it automatically advance the comparison as time goes on?

What I would like to end up with is a line/area graph which overlays e.g. page response time from today with response time from 7 days ago, to see whether it's higher or lower. I would also be satisfied with a split graph where each splitting is showing a different time period.

Thanks
Steve

7 REPLIES 7

thomas_lagona
Inactive

Hi Steve,

Depending on your version of Dynatrace (I believe it's 5.6+), you have the option of using a Dual-Axis chart. You can add the response time measure to both the left axis and the right axis of the chart. The right axis provides an option to offset time the way you described.

You can also do this using two dashlets on the same dashboard. The first dashlet would be for the current response time (say last 24 hours). You can then copy/paste that dashlet but change the Timeframe to "last X." You can then set this to last 24 hours but shifted by 7 days.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I can provide some screenshots of the process.

Tom

Hi Tom,

That's exactly what I was looking for! I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Hi Tom, I have a follow-up question: Is it possible to get rid of the header that shows the time offset when you have one set on a dual-axis chart? I want to have a dashboard with six graphs all with the same offset and it takes up a lot of spece on each one.

I do not believe there is a way to hide the header for dual-axis chart time offset. Maybe andreas.grabner@dynatrace.com knows of a way to hide it.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This option is not available in the moment.

Thanks Andreas. Could I submit this as an RFE?

Sure - create a new RFE in the Product Enhancement forum. Its better to create a new one rather than moving this one as this initially started out with a different question

Andi