cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Compatibility Between Rich Client Dashboard and Web UI

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

Might be this question has already been asked on the forum but I could not find the exact information, therefore, I am posting this to ask that is there any way to use the 'Rich Client Dashboards' into Web UI.

The reason being we have many 'Rich Client Dashboards' and we don't want to repeat the same practice and consume more or less the same amount of time we already spent while making the existing dashboards.

Any proper or a workaround suggestions will be highly appreciable, thanks.

Regards,

Babar

9 REPLIES 9

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Babar,

This is not currently possible. There is no way to convert a rich client dashboard to create one for the webui.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I've seen this request on the post for planned enhancements so this is definitely on their radar though. It doesn't look like it will be in 7.0 however:

• Migration of Rich Client Dashboards

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/132999/planned-...

James

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @Shane K. and @James K.

Thank you for your answers.

@James

What is the reason that mostly I am not able to access RFE and many other old post links same like you referred?

Always received 'Access Denied' message.

Regards,

Babar

I don't know why you may be getting that message, it isn't on any internal forums and I see comments from non-staff. If it's happening a lot you may want to reach out the forum team or post in that "Community Connect" forum.

Hello James,

I will request forum team to look into this issue.

Regards,

Babar

Hi!

There is no possibility in 7.0. yes we are currently evaluating options. Please stay tuned on updates

Peter / PM team

Hello Peter,

Can we have any expected date or we should start making web dashboards? 🙂

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

very hard for me to deliver a date at this moment. I'd suggest creating new dashboards in the WebUI and also rebuilding broadly used Client dashboards. Also use-cases where dashboards are used for reports or "read-only" usecases are better adressed with the web dashboards. Please also mind that right now we can not convert 100% of the functionality of the Client dashboards since they allow more sophisticated filters and so forth...

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply, so now we will start making the Web Dashboards instead of waiting to have this conversion feature.

Regards,

Babar