cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configured a business transaction that enable me to chart the response time of a particular Purepath

This is how I configure, the purepath is still coming in but yet I didn't get anything when I try to chart the count, resp time of failure of this Purepath.

What could've gone wrong in my configuration?

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Wai Keat C.

As per my understanding charting is not for the transaction based measures but to use in the business transaction, therefore, open your business transaction to know the desired information.

Secondly, if the objective is only to get the response time or count of a particular Purepath then you can simply create a Web Request Response Time measure which represents the Response Time of the entire PurePath containing the Web Request.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks.

I did draw the custom charting using Business Transaction, not the Measure.

Let me have a look at the suggestoin of 'Web Request Response Time measure'.

Regards,

Wai Keat

Hi Babar,

Are you meaning to say, let the 'web page request' (the built-in BT) to do the job?

Because the reason I do this (and ask this question in this forum in the first place) is that, the PurePath I'm interested in isn't 'popular' enough to make it to the splitting. (Well, it did make to the splitting, but are <...> instead of the full URI I intended)

So I am wondering what do you mean by 'simply create a Web Request Response Time measure which represents the Response Time of the entire PurePath containing the Web Request.' in your comment.

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

Hello @Wai Keat C.

I meant you can create a metric for that PurePath instead of a BT, if the objective is only to get the response time or count of a particular Purepath.

In the PurePath Tree > Right Click on the PurePath (available in the Argument) and select Create Measures > then select Web Requests Response Time > Provide your desired custom name and press OK.

Now plot a chart and get the response time or count.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar, I guess you can already see this coming (or predict what my customer gonna ask next).

Since we already able to chart response time and count, the next thing to ask of course is failre count or rate.

Any quick win that can utilize measures instead of BT?

Thanks.

Regards,

Wai Keat