cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Conversion Rate Discrepancy

FranciscoGarcia
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi Team.

A customer is seeing some discrepancies in their conversion rates and they can't explain the details. I have referred them to this post.

If you look at the attached screenshot:

at 8:00am they have a value of 18 for the BT that measures their conversion goal (check out confirmations) out of 1003 visits. This would make me believe their conversion rate would be 1,79%

but according to Dynatrace it's 1,5. It's not a huge difference but we were curious in case we are not understanding how the conversion rate gets calculated.

Any idea where this discrepancy comes from? Are all visits being used in the calculation?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I assume it is a Visit-based BT? Which means - that BT is evaluated after a Visit is considered complete -> thats after the visit timeout marks the visitor complete.

I need to check with the engineering team - but - it could be that the Conversion Rate Measure is already updated when we see a Visitor reaching a conversion while the visit is still active. This could explain a slight "time shift". Let me double check

Andi

jllompart
Newcomer

Hi there,

Getting back to the point, and try to clarify this doubt, you will find attached data from today:

1 hour data 10am to 11am:

Convertion Goal configurated : M_AEA_SendConfirmationEmail : 168 counts:

Visits: Application business > Visits per Hour: 5213

Dyntarce dashlet: Rate: 3.09%

Rate Calculation : 3.22 %

The BT posted is configurated with the same measure : M_AEA_SendConfirmationEmail

Thanks in adavance for your help.

Hi Julian,

thanks for the information but I have some more questions. The M_AEA_SendConfirmationEmail is based on an user action metric or a serverside metric? Is the 168 coming from this measure?

Reason I am asking is that I think the M_AEA_SendConfirmationEmail is a server side metric and would be available immediately where as the conversion rate is calculated when the visit is done.

Cheers Klaus

jllompart
Newcomer

Hi Klaus,

This metric is coming from a Serverside Performance, so It make sense on convertion rate discrepancy

as you suggest and 168 counts are directly from this measure.

If convertion rate is calculated with real visits users metrics from Buit-in BT, It is every thing clear about this doubt.

Thanks for your excelent work.