cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct business transaction filtering

Hello folks,

I am struggling to get a number (I use BT for it) of all responses, where response code = 4XX except 404 and 409. I included a few screenshots. Somehow it does not work as expected. Can you advice what to change/modify?

I set up 2 filtering measures with threshold upper severe = 1 for 404 and 409 - those we want to exclude from the capture as they are considered not real errors.

Then I have a measure for all 4xx status codes. Is this correct?

We use DT 6.5 but soon switching to 7.1

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Vaclav S.

Change the logic from AND to OR and then see the result because when the filter is evaluated, no operator precedence (AND stronger than OR) is applied:

• If the first FALSE condition is followed by an AND concatenation, then the complete expression evaluates to FALSE.
  • If the first FALSE condition occurs after an AND concatenation, then the complete expression evaluates to FALSE.
  • If the first TRUE condition is followed by an OR concatenation, then the complete expression evaluates to TRUE.

For example:

• true AND false OR true – evaluates to false
  • true OR false AND true – evaluates to true
  • true OR false AND false – evaluates to true
  • false AND true – evaluates to false

Regards,

Babar

Hey, thanks for the comment I will try it. It makes sense what you say 🙂 Can I ask one more question? For me, it is confusing to decide what aggregation I shall use in the filter and as well in the result. Can you help?

Hello Vaclav,

In your current business transaction I guess you can go with the last (Retrieves the last captured measurement for a Measure and includes data in Performance Warehouse, if connected) aggregation as a filter and count as a result (Event count per interval).

Events captured for a Measure on the AppMon Server are aggregated into a measurement per 10 sec. interval.

Regards,

Babar

Hey, I have changed to OR but it did not solve the problem 😞 it excludes (filters) 409 but 404 are still in. Any other idea? It seems it behaves strangly.