cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I have Session Export data of Host Monitoring Agent?

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro.

I want to ask about session export. Our environment has 10 hostmonitoring Agent.

I got session export data (dtms files) for check the performance.

Then I checked the data on DT client, but I couldn't see the hostmonitoring process.

I selected the option "PurePath and Time Series". and I got Host Informations which is installed Web serber Agent and Java Agent. However, I couldn't see any informations on the host which is installed Host Monitoring Agent.

Could I any way to see the host information by session export data? or host monitoring agent send data to only PWH and cannot see on session data?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

4 REPLIES 4

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Could anyone tell me this question?

I have to talk to our customer day after tomorrow...

Best Regards

Ryotaro

david_n
Inactive

Hello Ryotaro,

If you go to the infrastructure overview in the session that you have exported, you should see the host metrics as normal unless the host was offline during the timeframe of your session capture. I would confirm that it is connected now, then you could do a 5 minute session, import it/or store it on the server, then check to see if the infrastructure overview matches what you are expecting.

If you are referring to charting host metrics on the session and you have created a new measure in the session then you will have to right click on the session and select process configuration changes. This will allow the dt server to process your measure and display the metrics in your chart.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

FYI looks like he has opened up a support case for this question: https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/browse/SUPDT-37064

david_n
Inactive

Thanks James,

I will keep an eye on the ticket to see what becomes of this.