cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Could not register agent with collector as the collector temporarily declined service

sophie_wang
Contributor

Even all our colelctors were up running, but still some agents failed to be instrumented, and got

Could not register agent with collector as the collector temporarily declined service

Why? Any solution?

10 REPLIES 10

Mike_L
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Do you have a load balancer between the agents and the collector(s)? If you do, could you bypass it and point the agent directly to the collector? Using collector groups there should not be a big need for a load balancer.

Another idea, can you go to the collector list on one of the agents that do not work:

/agent/conf/collectorlist.xyz

And make sure that there are no collectors in there that aren't supposed to be there? If there are, stop the JVM, clear them out from the list and then start the JVM again.

I do not think we have a separated load balancer between teh agents and the collectors

Mike:

Since the other groups installed and configured the agents, I have no access to their conf file. But I checked the agent log and made sure the list of collectors the agent can see is correct.

Hi Sophie,

I think you should open a support ticket and report back here with the findings.

Kind regards,

Mike

Hi Sophie,

You should be able to access the collector config files via the System Information dashlet.

HTH,

dave

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Sophie,

Might be on that time the collector(s) were running out of resources or in the buffer saturation condition.

Can you check the health of your collectors from the Start Center > Monitor?

Regards,

Babar

sophie_wang
Contributor

Thank you both for answering my qesution! we have 4 collectors grouped together for load-balance. The CPU and memory usages showed on server health looked ok. BTW, what is the buffer saturation condition?

Are you using a collector group for load balancing or do you communicate with the four collectors through a load balancer?

Hello Sophie,

Buffer Saturation: The buffer utilization as a percentage per each connected Collector instance.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/viewpage.action?title=Deployment+Dashboards&spaceKey=DOCDT65#DeploymentDashboards-AppMonCollectorSizing

Open the Start Center > Monitor > Dynatrace Collector Sizing to also check the CPU and RAM utilization.

Regards,

Babar