cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Count the number of purepath/web request clients

antoine_buffoto
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

In a Dynatrace patform, we are monitoring an application where the clients access the server using thick client application. The UEM feature is not available.

In the Purepath dashboard, it's possible to see the IP adress of the clients.

What configuration must be done in order to track in a chart the amount of users for this application ?

For your information, the version of Dynatrace is 6.1 and only JAVA agents are used.

10 REPLIES 10

roman_spitzbart
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If understand you correct what you really want to chart is the unique number of IP addresses for a given timeframe? You could create a BT that splits on the IP address (of course without storing it into the performance warehouse) but we have no measure that will give you the number of splittings with data 😞

Yes, you understood well my need. Thank you for the information.

If the users can be identified by an element in the request, is it possible to get the information needed?

The problem is not the BT - that would also work with the IP address - but the fact that we have no measures to count the unique number of splittings with data in a timeframe.

antoine_buffoto
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

The information on how many users used the application is very critical for the project.

Do you have any workaround solution to get the information with Dynatrace AM?

roman_spitzbart
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Antoine - can you try if this plugin works for your case?

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Business+Transaction+Row+Counter+Plugin

Would be a crude workaround but might get you what you look for.

Hi,

Last week, I started working on implementing this plugin. 🙂

I just did a 1st version of the implementation and even if it's crude it works fine. But as the need is to retrieve the number of IP addresses by URL type, I have to do a configuration by URL type: 1 dashboard and 1 monitor by URL type.

This could be a solution.

Hi Guys,

I implemented the plugin in order to retrieve the information about the amount of client IP addresses. It works fine. I share with you a document explaining the process I did.

dynatrace-am-trackingamountofipadr.docx

I hope it will be useful.

Antoine

james_penick
Newcomer

Hi.

To validate the results with BT counts, I found it best to set monitor run time at top of minute, ie 2:18:00 PM.

Hello,
I’m currently out of office until February, 15th, with limited access of my email.
In case of urgent need, contact Serge Barberis (serge.barberis@dynatrace.com).