cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting transactions by response time categories with least number of BT's using calculation.

jayduttd
Organizer

Counting transactions by response time categories with least number of BT's

We have created 3 BTMs for fund transfer:

1. That counts Total Fund Transfers (Pass+Fail) : BTM-All

2. That counts Total Failed Fund Transfers      : BTM-Fail

3. That counts Total Passed Fund Transfers      : BTM-Pass

Business Team is interested in knowing each day, (Scheduled Report)

(BTM) 1. Counts of Passed Transactions that rendered response time below 5 sec. (Category: Happy Response time)

(BTM) 2. Counts of Passed Transactions that rendered response time between 5 - 10 sec. (Category: So-so response time)

(BTM) 3. Counts of Passed Transactions that rendered response time above 10 sec. (Category: Not so happy response time)

I could make BTM 1 by setting up a Measure - PurePath Response -- Thresholds:Lower = 5000ms.

I could make BTM 2 by setting up a 2 Measure - measure1) PurePath Response -- Thresholds:Upper = 5000ms and  measure2) Thresholds:Lower = 10000ms.

I could make BTM 3 by setting up a Measure - PurePath Response -- Thresholds:Upper = 10000ms.

As you see, this causes altogether 3+3 = 6 BTMs for fund transfer type of transaction (hence load on measure health.).

I do not wish to increase number of BTMs since i have different types of other transactions (Internal, International, and other 4).

(6*6=36 BTMs for single Scheduled Business Report)

To avoid this We can create the 1 BTM in which we can put measure in the calculate the result bt their I can but Above and below measures not in between range(i.e. transaction between 5 sec to 10 sec)

Bt if dt allow me to calculate and plot then I can try to put the between range count also

for ex

transaction between 5 sec to 10 sec= total transaction count - (transaction below 5sec + transaction above 10sec)

Or dt should allow me to get the count of transaction having response time between 5 to 10 sec in same BTM 

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Jaydatt

5 REPLIES 5

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Jaydatt

Unfortunately there is no more efficient way of doing this. You have to create 2 measures for each BT in order to get a "Transactions between a certain threshold". There are enhancement planned for future versions of dynatrace that have that feature built-in. In the moment though the only way is to create these measures as you explained!

Andi

jayduttd
Organizer

Hi Andi,

I would like to add one more query that ask by almost every customer,

I have, lets say 100 hits for post login in which 50 hits taking less than 2 sec, 30 between 2 to 5 sec and 20 more than 5 sec so client is more interested in percentage rather than count. So is there any way to represent in this.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Jaydatt

Once you have these BTs that I suggested you can do two things

a) Create "Rate Measures" which allow you to calculate the rate between two values, e.g: The Count Result of your BT and the Total Count of Login (that would be another measure you need to create)

b) You simply add all these three BTs in a single chart und use the "Stacked Percentage Bar Chart". That will give you a nice split between these 3 values

Andi

jayduttd
Organizer

I already tried stacked percentage bar chart but in that it is not showing me that percentage value, so I plot it in pie chart and percent label selected in pie chart which gives me value too. (smile)

thanks for comment.

Best Regards,

Jaydatt

Even better (smile)