cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Create BT to split by Entry Point?

butzowj
Guide

Hi All,

I have a web service call that is called by both a JMS listener method and a web request method.

I'd like to create a BT to split the web service calls by Entry Point (e.g. by PurePath), so that I can see how many times the web service is called by the JMS listener compared with the various web requests that can make this web service call.

Can this be done? Any way to split BT's by Entry Point?

Thx,

JB

2 REPLIES 2

melory_zol2
Inactive

Hi Joel,

It would be helpful if you could export a session of both situations.

What I can think is you can create a BT filtering in your web service call and splitting only by Application. Generally the JMS listener call will be mapped to the Default Application and the Web Request call will be mapped to other application (if not you can specify).

Or you can try to Split by the OOTB measure Complete URI Path and check how it will behave.

Regards,

Melory

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

What about using Applications for that? Since Dynatrace 6.5 we allow you to define Applications not only per URL but also for Message Queues. With that your PurePaths would automatically be assigned to a specify app. Every Business transation automatically splits by application - which should solve your problem

Andi