cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create BT with combination of multiple user page action.

sivashankara_pu
Organizer

Please guide how to Create BT with combination of multiple user page action.

result would be count of BT, sum of Average response time of multiple page actions. with severe limit of 10seconds.

Below is the scenario .

1) When I create BT with one measure - "of user action response time for a page " When I click that BT is giving out Data.

2)When I create BT with 3 or 4 measure having user action response time of 3 or 4 page click action in sequence combination with "and " condition data is not coming with "or " condition data is coming to BT but that is not useful as I need Avg user action response time and Count of BT done by Business user's

Regards

Siva Shanara.

8 REPLIES 8

pahofmann
Champion

You could make a Visit based Business Transaction and Filter for the User Actions there, then sum up the complete user action response time of the filtered user actions in that visit.

This would work, if the User Actions only appear once per Visit.

If you want to do a more complex analysis you could also try streaming the data to ELK or Splunk via the Business Transaction Feed or PureLytics Stream.

please advice the below logic is current , in the BT 1 measure is - user page action response time.

I had an error in my thinking here, even if you filter for the User Actions the SUM of the User Actions Responsetime would still contain all User Actions of the visit so that would not be what you want.

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi Patrick,

Please find the scenario.

The screenshot which I attached to this post In that visit filter with user page action "and " condition and aggregated as " sum ", When I do Business Transaction in my application I am not getting any data in that BT .

Second Point is that.

I created individual measure for each user page action as step wise (example step 1, step2, step3) with each step as measure I create BT-Step1,BT-Step2,BT-Setp-3 for individual steps data is visible in the BT's. But when I apply combination with "and" condition data is not visible in the BT which I created.

Trust I explained the scenario correctly . Please advice

Hi Patrick,

Please find the scenario.

The screenshot which I attached to this post In that visit filter with user page action "and " condition and aggregated as " sum ", When I do Business Transaction in my application I am not getting any data in that BT .

Second Point is that.

I created individual measure for each user page action as step wise (example step 1, step2, step3) with each step as measure I create BT-Step1,BT-Step2,BT-Setp-3 for individual steps data is visible in the BT's. But when I apply combination with "and" condition data is not visible in the BT which I created.

Trust I explained the scenario correctly . Please advice

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi

I hope I understand your requirement correctly. But - if we look at the following sample Visit

Visitor "Andi"

-> User Action "Loading Homepage"

-> User Action "Click on X"

-> User Action "Click on Y"

and if you want to have the sum of Click on X and Click on Y then you need to create a single User Action Response Time Measure that would use a RegEx to cover both Click on X and Click on Y and then use that measure as a "Result Measure". In this case Dynatrace would look at your Visits and then calculates the overall Sum of User Actions for every Visit that match these User Actions.

It could become a bit complicated if you have User Actions with very different names or very different URLs (whatever you use to identify the User Actions).

This is the only approach I see that would work with BTs directly in Dynatrace.

The better approach from my perspective is to use our PureLytics or Business Transaction Real Time Data Feed feature and stream the raw data to a solution such as ELK or Splunk and then do your business analytics

Andi

capture2.jpgHi Andi,

Thank you for the understanding my question . as per the suggestion .

I applied the logic advised but you But no Luck, I have attached the Screenshot of measure and BT Please advise.

1) URL is unique name, I need to do 3 click to complete one Business Transaction .

2) Note the scenario

example

BT-1 contains click actions - DC List- DC collect- Save.

BT-2 contains- DC List -DC Log - Save.

3) So BT should collect data when the sequence of scenario occurers in User page actions.

Just an FYI for other forum members. We took the conversation to email. Once we have it figured out we will post the solultion