cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Create Collector Group

aditya_r
Inactive

Hi Guy,

I've just started using Dynatrace AppMon 6.2 and was trying to create a collector group to understand how its load balancing works. I went through the community though there is a detailed description as how the load balancing works. But nothing much as to how i can create a group and add collectors. Can anyone please help or send me an article where i can read.

Regards,

Aditya

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Guy,

A first attempt, as far as i know you need to define in which group a collector runs. (rich client - settings - dynatrace server - collectors | click on the collector and define 'member of collector group' below). The name of your choice will arise a new collector group. I assume that each agent connected to a certain collector will receive information about the other collector group 'members', in that way it can failover to other group collectors. Changing the collector group setting must be done with your network setup in mind, be sure that 'the failover' can reach the new collector (for ex in relation to subnets).

If any remarks let me know,

Regards

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

To actually add or configure them you can do that on the collectors tab of the server settings. If you select a collector you can either create a new group or use the drop down to select one that has already been created:

James