cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Create Dashboard in AppMon which shows datapoints for certain hours each day

dubois_david
Contributor

We have an application we are monitoring in Dynatrace which has all of it's volume between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. I would like to create a dashlet to chart the response time trends that only include that one hour period each day. Is there a way to do this? We are currently using AppMon version 7.0.

6 REPLIES 6

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I doubt that this is feasible, for every consecutive day. You can do this for one particular day, via the custom timeframe option. I don't believe that you are looking for something like that, right?

Right. I'm looking more for a chart which could use any custom timeframe (last week, last year etc.) which could show this data (which means it would also have to be written to the Performance Data Warehouse somehow).

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Adding to what Thorsten mentioned,

Maybe a dual axis chart may be of use here. You can set the time frame for what you want to chart, then compare that same timeframe to an offset (1 day, 1 week). the offset applies to that timeframe, so if you wanted to only see 8am to 10am youd only see that (and its 1 day offset of 8am to 10am) in a chart. hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although it's not exactly what I'm looking for at least I could compare to yesterday.

Hello David,

If you want to compare the current day to more than one day in the past you can simply add more dashlets to your dashboard and configure the timeframe settings as shown by Thorsten. You are not limited to one dashlet per dashboard so if you wanted to compare the 5 days of the work week, you could add four dual axis charts, each comparing the current day to one of the other days and then drag each dashlet to allow you to view them all without having to switch between tabs.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

dubois_david
Contributor

Although my scenario is very specific I could see other customers benefiting from something similar like only show peak business hours etc. Maybe if there isn't a good way of doing this I can submit an RFE for this as well.