cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Create Incident down time for a specific agent in a system profile

sujith_puthanka
Participant

How can we select a monitored agent process while creating a incident down time?.

3 REPLIES 3

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

unfortunately, you cannot filter by agent for measures/incidents in the first place. However you can filter by agent group for measures so by having multiple incident rules pinned to specific agent groups you could achieve this at this agent group level.

The alternative is to look at the email action plugin to filter the data before sending the email (if you do notify by email). The plugin provides many filters to block outgoing messages.

Regards

Flo

sujith_puthanka
Participant

Thanks for the response. But how do we create multiple incident rules for the default ones and associate with different agent groups?. eg: Application Process Shutdown, Application Process Unavailable, Application Process Unhealthy... etc. I cannot edit the Incident rule name for those so that I can create multiple incident rules and associate with different agent groups. Or How can we create multiple instances of default incident rules.

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

sorry, I hadn't realised you were talking about the out of the box incidents.

If you wish to have a black out window for a specific agent then the plugin route seems to be the only way for you.

Regards

Flo