cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a sensor pack from out box one

Hi,

in a purepath, I add some asynchronuous threads launched inside but having a JVM lifetime (in fact they shouldn't be launched in the purepath).

To avoid to track them, I have create a new "Executor Tagging 2" and "Thread start tagging 2" from the existing one (edit the sensor in debug mode, select all and click on create sensor pack) and add in first the class implementing runnable and launching those threads with exclude mode.

I use those 2 sensor pack instead of original one and it seems to work well (I don't see anymore the asynch calls and duration of purepath = response time).

But in the collector log i can see this:

2015-10-16 12:42:18 WARNING [ControllerProtocol30] Sensor threadstart doesn't support multiple configurations! Using configuration of com.dynatrace.diagnostics.knowledgesensor.java.threadstart
2015-10-16 12:42:18 WARNING [ControllerProtocol30] Sensor executor doesn't support multiple configurations! Using configuration of com.dynatrace.diagnostics.knowledgesensor.java.executor

Is it a problem ?

Pierre

5 REPLIES 5

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Did you reboot the monitored JVM AND the associated collector after switching over to your own sensor? I know this seems like it shouldn't be required, but in this situation it's worth a try to see if this message cleans up.

Hi,

yes done, the warning messages remain even after rebooting collector & jvm.

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Pierre,

Unfortunately out of the box sensor packs are not meant to be modified, as they are tightly bound to the code. Eg. each sensor pack contains a unique ID. This is why you are receiving those messages. It may work, but dynaTrace does not guarantee it, when OOTB components are modified.

best
Harry

Hi,

I'm rely on this topic :

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/93977/pure...

In my case I just create I didn't use both version of sensors (eg Executor Tagging and Executor Tagging 2), I just use one (eg : Executor Tagging 2)

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

It seems that you have duplicated the config files (plugin.xml) but only one is placed. If so this does not matter, as the server still reads all available config files, no matter if placed or not.

best

Harry