cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a .NET Agent Configuration from command prompt

smunawar
Inactive

Hi,

Usually Creating a .NET Agent Configuration from the DynaTrace agent UI, is there any way we are creating .NET Agent Configuration from the command prompt. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Munawar Syukur

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Munawar,

The .NET Agent Configuration tool provides the following command-line option that executes registration actions without launching the user interface. This option is helpful for automated scenarios.

/repairnative

Check the same link referred by you for more informaiton.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Babar Q.,

Thanks for the info, currently the command-line I know and using it intensively is below from this source https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/Silent+Installation.

msiexec /passive /i C:\temp\dynatrace-agent-6.5.0.1289-x86.msi APPDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Dynatrace\Dynatrace 6.5" ADDLOCAL="DotNetAgent"

Kindly provide the full command on the helpful option for automation scenario below

/repairnative

Regards,

Munawar Syukur

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Munawar Syukur,

@ECHO off
msiexec /passive /i "C:\dynatrace-agent-6.1.0.7880.msi" APPDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\dynaTrace\dynaTrace Agent 6.1" ADDLOCAL="DotNetAgent20x64" REGEDIT.EXE /S dT_NET_Agent_Silent_Install_REG.reg
(---To install .NET agent and make instrumentation silently--Save the above command in .bat file and place .reg and .bat file in same path--)

"C:\dynatrace-agent-6.1.0.7880.msi" = Agent Installer located Path

"C:\Program Files (x86)\dynaTrace\dynaTrace Agent 6.1" = Agent installation Path

DotNetAgent20x64 = for 64bit server

dT_NET_Agent_Silent_Install_REG.reg - for making instrumentation of .NET process with dynatrace agent

dt-net-agent-silent-install-reg.txt - This is the generic file , edit this file based on your environment and save this file as .reg .This file will get invoke when you execute the batch file as administrator(has access to the .NET process which you going to instrument..

Hope this may help!! we followed the above comments in our environment..

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

Hi @Soorya Prabha M.,

Great, I will check given script and ensure it is applicable to our environment. Thanks.

Regards,

Munawar