cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Creating a dashlet from diffrent system profile

hpolava
Participant

I have created 10 Dashboards for each application with each dashboard created on its own system profile. Is there a way I can create one dashboard for all the system profiles instead of having 10 different dashboards.

4 REPLIES 4

hpolava
Participant

Martin,

Thank You for your quick response. Do you know if there is anything on the radar dynatrace is trying to work on this? Do we have post this in the enhancement forum?

Thanks,

Harsha Polavarapu.

joshua_pavlica
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You can change the source of a singular dashlet by right-clicking on a dashlet, Dashlet Properties > Source.

If you had multiple separate dashlets on a single dashboard, for example, you should be able to have a different source (System Profile) for each.

If I am understanding your question correctly, you want 10 separate dashlets on a single dashboard to monitor your various applications. Using my above methods, you should be able to do so.

Kind regards,

Joshua P.

Joshua,

I tried it now and it works for me. Thank You for your help.

Thanks,

Harsha Polavarapu.

You are welcome!

Like Martin was saying earlier, a single dashboard cannot aggregate multiple system profiles to have a shared group of measurements and PurePaths. However, on the dashlet-level you can specify the source of the data you wish to see. Then, you can have these dashlets on the same dashboard. This should achieve the end result you want.

To explain another way:

• The source of a dashboard will set the default source for any dashlets you open up.
  • If you do not want the default source for a dashlet, the source of a dashlet can be changed to any Server + System Profile that your Dynatrace AppMon Client is connected to using the method described above.

Have a great day, and let us know if you have more questions! 🙂

Kind regards,

Joshua P.