cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating incident on the Unhandled Inter-Tier Exception with specific message?

rswarnka
Helper

Hi, I am trying to have alert on Unhandled Inter-Tier Exceptions with SQL Deadlock text in message for a dot net application and It seems there is no measure which in Appmon 7.2 to capture this. Since method throwing this is System level method, can't instrument this. Please see the snapshot and let me know if there is a way to do this.

System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

7 REPLIES 7

rswarnka
Helper

Here is the attached snapshot of the exception details:

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you go to the Exceptions dashlet, find an example of this exception, and right click on it and create an Exceptions/Count measure, you should have the measure you need to alert on this. Be sure to qualify it with the message contains "was deadlocked on lock".

Hi @Dave M., Pardon for delayed response. Tried this, but not working. I have done this in past successfully using Appmon 6.5 but I am not sure why it is not working in 7.1.Below is the snapshot of configuration:

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

When you created the measure did you point to an exception and right click to do that? I wonder if the message maybe is incorrect. Have you charted the measure to see if it has any data?

I have created the measure manually. The measure is of metric type - Exception - Count. Tried charting too, but no data. Only thing I notice is that the exception is not creating separate node and the exception is shown in "branch" in the node details. However, I am clueless why the error dashlet can capture the message but not the Exception count measure for such internal exceptions messages.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I would go to the Exceptions dashlet, find the one you want, right click on it and create the filter measure and see if that works better.

yohnishi
Organizer

Hi Rajesh-san,

Now I have a same problem of this on AppMon 7.2. Do you get the answer or workaround of this problem?

Would you please tell us the how to get the information?

Best Regards,
Yasuo Ohnishi