cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Bind Values

frank_punzo
Guide

Hello, One of our Weblogic applications connects via JDBC to DB2. We are using the default Weblogic drivers. Is there anything special I need to do to get Dynatrace to capture the bind values? It is working fine for our Oracle calls but no bind values are being captured for our DB2 calls.

Thanks,

Frank

7 REPLIES 7

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Make sure you have the option "Enable bind value capturing" turned in on your JDBC Sensor Properties for the Agent Group that makes the DB2 calls.

frank_punzo
Guide

That is selected. Our Oracle calls in the same application on the same purepath are showing the bind values. Only the DB2 calls have no bind values.

If that is the case I would open a support ticket

mike_shermetaro
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

was there any resolution to this? I have a very old application (java 1.4) that we are monitoring with dynaTrace and no bind values are being captured even though the setting is enabled.

Thank you,

Mike

mike_shermetaro
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Also, I noticed that some PurePath JDBC calls have bind values but within the database dashlet no bind values are shown at all...

In the database dashlet - have you gone to dashlet properties, analysis and switched that to SQL+bind variables? Just adding the column to the table doesn't do the trick, you need to switch the grouping in the properties as well...

Best, ROman

rajeshwar_vadhe
Participant

we see same issue, enabled bind values for DB2 database, don't see values