cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 Monitoring Plugin always in running state (nothing returned)

alee69
Newcomer

We have installed the DB2 plugin successfully on machines running DB2 on AIX successfully but we are having problems on AS400. When the monitor runs it just stays in a running state and cannot be stopped. When I look at the log all I see is

2017-07-19 12:48:04 INFO [DB2Pligin@AS400] Connecting to DB2, conection string us ... jdbc:db2://etc...

Any ideas why it is not working?

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I've seen behavior like that when the monitor cannot reach the host it's running against. Does it run forever or just a significant amount of time - I don't remember if a timeout is specified in the plugin config. Make sure the collector you're running it from can reach and connect to that DB2 instance.

James

alee69
Newcomer

Thanks for your reply, I have checked that at it seems fine, I used telnet to confirm that we can reach the DB from the collector.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Andrew, Telnet will confirm that there's connectivity at the host level, but what about JDBC connectivity? Is it possible that DB2 is configured to now allow JDBC connections from that Collector host? I don't know DB2 well, but this type of problem happens frequently with Oracle and PostGreSQL environments.