cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DTAM 6.3 Xcode Plugin issues

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

I have a customer that tried to install the XCode plugin (Xcode 7.3) but the menus that are supposed to show up are not there.

Xcode has been restarted as well as the machine.

I do not have a mac handy so cannot test this myself.

Any ideas? Or is manual install the only way here?

Thanks!

KR,
Kristof

2 REPLIES 2

kristof_renders
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

In the mean time the answer has been given in a different post ()Linker error when building iOS app using Xcode7 by @Joseph M. Hoffman:

The UUID of the latest Xcode version is not included in the plugin. But it can be added manually. Here's the high level steps. If you're not comfortable with any of these steps, please do not proceed and instead contact someone in your organization who is familiar.

1) Install the latest dynatrace Xcode plugin.

2) Run the following command to determine the UUID value for your version of Xcode.

defaults read /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Info DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUID

3) Edit /Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/DynatraceXcodePlugin.xcplugin/Contents/Info.plist and add your UUID to the list of UUIDs found towards the bottom of this file.

4) Start up Xcode and the plugin should now be operational.

Note: Some of these steps require elevated privileges, if you're not familiar with these steps it might be helpful to talk to someone more familiar with the command line interface of OSX.

These steps worked for my customer.

Thanks Joseph!

jeffery_yarbrou
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

xcodefixsh.zip

I put together this script that will add the UUID, after you run the script and start Xcode, you will need to update the bundle.

Hope this helps.