cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Alert from Performance Warehouse: Exception: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

athompson
Participant

Hello,

I am getting an alert from my Performance Warehouse daily with the following exception:

Exception: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

Has anyone ever run into this? I cannot seem to find it on the forums or in the documentation. Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks,

Annmarie

1 REPLY 1

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Annmarie,

It's possible this is being caused by running backups on the PW database against tables that don't need to be backed up. Here's some suggestions:

• Do not backup the tables measurement_temp1 and measurement_temp2 - these tables only contains data from max 30 min. These are the tables being used to write the data from DT server to the DB, after 30 min, the data is moved to the measurement_high table
  • Try to reduce the priority or resource level of the backup (if possible), so that the normal DB operations to not have such a big delay

If this does not resolve your issue I suggest you open a support case and be sure to include a support archive. There is likely additional messages in the server.0.0.log file indicating further useful information.

Joe Hoffman