Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataPower plug-in failed to retrieve data

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

I created two identical datapower monitors; one of them works, the other does not, as shown in the screenshot below

Here are the details of the error:

The monitor configuration is correct, because I changed the host to a different datapower machine and the monitor worked. Initially suspecting that it could be user rights, I requested to log in as admin to test the monitor and the monitor still failed.

The port used is 7092. I can telnet from the collector machine into the datapower device on port 7092.

I see the following error message in the log: 2013-05-24 14:12:27 WARNING [INTFORUM:HttpConnection@QA DP2_0] HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released. However, this warning also appears for the datapower monitor which is successfully working.

Can someone please look into this and let me know what I might me missing?

Thanks,

Harshal.

3 REPLIES 3

Jeffrey_Fynboh
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Make sure that SOMA is enabled (see section 1.3 & 1.4 here)?

Can you send a curl request as described in sections "1.5" and "3.2.15 Get status by monitoring the device" in the doc above?

Are there any log files on the DataPower device?

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for that document. It provides valuable insight into DP. I have requested the DP admin to check whether SOMA is enabled and to send a curl request. When he last checked the logs on the DP device, he didn't see anything relevant.

I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Harshal.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for that document. The issue was that SOMA was not enabled, Once the DP admin enabled it, the monitor started working.

Regards,

Harshal.