cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Database Agent's Data 'Retention' Period

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I know the database agent's data wouldn't be stored but instead, retrieved on demand. That's why there is no historical data would be available.

But then, just how long would the data be available? If you look at the screenshot below, I can see data for the past 1 hour. So, what would be the longest period of time before I would start to lose historical data? 72 hours? or shorter? or depends on collector's resources?

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Wai,

In this scenario the below formula will be applied.

The AppMon Server buffers data for up to one hour (memory permitting) if the Performance Warehouse is not available (because the historical data is not storing in the PWH). After this period of time has elapsed, the data is removed from the buffer.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar, for the quick reply.

One more question, I am aware that for the SQL execution plan, it is of course, no way would be stored to PW, it can only be retrieve on-demand.

What about these all the DBMS-related-measures as seen in the screenshot of this post? Is there any workaround that we can make them available as historical data and stored in PW? Or it definitely works as the way you've just mentioned in the answer (the formula you mentioned)

Hello Wai,

As we aware that the measure data automatically store in the PWH for the charting purpose, thefore, you can create the custom measure for the desired metrics.

Regards,

Babar