cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Databases Infrastructure Information on Web UI

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

We have configured the database agents for one of the application but unable to see the health in Web UI > Infrastructure (below screenshot is for the reference). Any suggestion?

Regards,

Babar

6 REPLIES 6

mat_cat_adn
Advisor

Hello @Babar Q.

Do you see "Show Database Health" in thick client ?

Have you had this permissions on your profile ?

Show Database Monitoring and Manage Database Monitoring

Have you some errors on Database Agent Log ?

Regards,

Mathieu

Hello @Mathieu C.

Thank you for your comments. Basically, both database servers are behind the VIP, so I cannot see the databases tiers in the transaction flow.

Do you have any thoughts in this situation?

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Databases behind a VIP! ( Do you use Oracle RAC? ) It will be complicated.

I think you can use Database Health if you configure Database Agent on each host of your both DB (without configure on VIP).

To see them in transaction flow, if you cannot see your DBs in TF without database agent, it will not work with DB Agent.

Which tool do you use for VIP ? Maybe, if you configure an agent on it, you could see DB in TF.

Regards,

Mathieu

Hello @Mathieu C.

This is the MSSQL Server Cluster. The database agents are working perfectly and we are able to see the monitored data.

I will grab more information from the database team about the VIP and will let you know to understand that how we can show them in the transaction flow and also the Web UI.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Mathieu C.

They are using builtin feature 'AlwaysOn Availability Group' which can provide client connectivity to the database of a given availability group by creating an availability group listener.

Regards,

Babar

OK.

So, i don't think, AppMon supports Always On Availability Group functionality of MSSQL as Oracle RAC support.

I've found this answer for not support of this functionality on DCRUM :

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/436/dc-rum-rfes-very-new/idea/175622/rfe-dcrum-sql-server-always-on-availability-group.html

You could try to ask a RFE to be sure.

Regards,

Mathieu