cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Deactivate Volume' Button is Missing

The license is on the verge of expiration and I need to renew the license, and the first step in doing so would be deactivate the UEM volume.

The title pretty much says my problem, it cause me to can't even perform the first step of renew the license.

6 REPLIES 6

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Wai,

The button is not missing, there is no 'Deactive Volume' button for UEM.

When you say your license is on the verge of expiration, are you talking about your agent licenses or UEM licenses? From the screenshot you posted, I can see that you still have a lot of UEM visits left to use.

If you are talking about agent licenses (Java, .NET, WebServer), then you don't need to deactive UEM volumes to apply a new license.

Hi Ari,

The license that is about to expire is the agent license, not the UEM voucher.

However, last round when I renew the license the license team said in their email "For future reference, please ensure to deactivate
the UEM voucher prior to deactivating the license key. This will ensure any
unused volume will be returned to the customer’s pool, ready to be used again."

Hence, I need to deactivate the UEM voucher before I go through the usual flow of deactivate_license->import_new_license->acticate_new_license

FYI, the new license is already received.

And also, when I open easyTravel on my computer and my AppMon client, there is the 'deactivate volume' button, as mentioned in documentation. Sadly, this isn't the case for my client site's environment.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I'm on the latest update of 6.5 and I am able to see that button:

The only thing I can think to try is to make sure you have the server permissions to be able to deactivate the UEM volumes, it may be hiding it for that reason. Check if an account that has admin server management permissions sees this button.

If that doesn't work you may need to open a case with support.

James

Hmm the reason I said there was no button for deactive was because I'm on 6.5 too and even though I have admin permissions, I don't see the Deactive Button. I'm gonna apply the latest fix pack and see if that changes anything (we're on 6.5.6).

Currently our server is on 6.5.7 for reference, I think there's one more recent release