cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Delete autocreated BT

vladislav_samoy
Inactive

Hi community!

How to delete autocreated BTs? Idea is that at the beggining we enabled automatic detection of BTs and it's created tons of them. After it we configured Baseline incident to send email during BTs violation, and it sends a lot of emails for those autocreeated BT's and our manually created BTs. We want to delete autocreated BTs and disable this possibility at all.

Any ideas how wto do it?

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Do you mean auto-detected applications? Those can be disabled in the system profile settings under the Applications tab on the left menu. You will simply uncheck "Detect applications automatically". You can then delete any of the ones that were created on this screen as well.

HTH

James

Nope, I mean BT

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

If you want to stop baselining and alerting on the "Web Page Requests" smart BT, go to the Monitoring Eyeball, Click on Applications in middle bottom, select the gear icon on the top right, and choose the "Select monitored business transactions" menu item. Uncheck "Web Page Requests"...

If you want to stop collecting "Web Page Requests" data entirely, you could disable the BT or delete it. But I would recommend keeping it around since it is a built-in BT and simply stop baselining it in the Application Overview.

HTH,

dave

So if I disable this BT, it will disable baselining for all BTs?

This BT is the one that is used out of the box to determine the most popular URLs. If you look in the Application Overview, any BT splits that show up there (in blue) with "(Web Page Requests)" to their right are baselined due to this BT. If you turn off the baselining, they will no longer appear in the Application Overview. If you then disable the BT, no more data will be gathered for it. I am not sure what will happen if you just disable it without removing it from the Application Overview, but I assume as no new data is coming in, it will drop from view as the data ages off.

HTH,

dave

Hello Vlad,

Yes. It will disable the baseline for all automatic created Business Transactions.

I would suggest that not to delete or disable, just un-check the BT from the monitored business transactions area.

Regards,

Babar

Hi. But if I just removed it from Application view, it still send emails during this BT baseline vioaltion.

If you remove it from the Application Overview, there will no longer be baseline tracking, so there should no longer be any baseline violation incidents. Have you removed it from the Application Overview already and are still getting baseline violation incidents?

Hello Vlad,

I am wondering if you disabled from the application view, then why you are getting the baseline violation messages.

Can you verify this for me, please?

Regards,

Babar

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi

Did you try bouncing the dt server? I have seen this before and bouncing fixed it.

Btw in 6.5 once you have enabled baselines you have to keep 1 bt minimum... So it cannot be disabled anymore.

Regards

Flo