cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect new installed agents

In AppMon, is there a way to detect that an agent has connected to a collector for the very first time, meaning that this is a new agent?

6 REPLIES 6

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Nothing simple that I'm aware of. Of course you could manually look at the agent log files to see if there is a history but nothing like a column in the agents overview or something like that.

James

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Michael, Perhaps you can explain your use case and we might be able to suggest alternate ways to accomplish your goals.

Many users have the ability to configure Dynatrace for their JVM, but some of them do not let me know sometimes and it occupies a license for which I don't know who is the owner...

I guess that I would need to use quotas

Yeah our license reservation system is what I would look at using to ensure the apps you need are monitored correctly. You could always create a catch all bucket for the other developers to use. I also would like to point out that our free personal license might be helpful for you individual developers who can run the app locally instead of needing a full environment may help.

rohith_samudral
Organizer

Hi Michael, I can think of a work around to accomplish this. You could use the License Count plugin (https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/viewpage.action?title=License+Count&spaceKey=DL&_ga=2.265296204.25502024.1524581482-2058589636.1484844665). This plugin will give you the number of licenses you currently have and you can set that as your threshold and create and incident for that. So, when ever a new agent connects to your AppMon the threshold is exceeded and you will get an alert. You can then validate the newly connected agent and update the threshold accordingly. Let me know if this works for you.

~Rohith

Will certainly give it a try. Thanks!