cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Method Execution Time in PurePath Tree

antonio_castro
Participant

I was researching a slow call in one of our apps and found a PurePath where the Method Execution Time in the PurePath Tree did not match that same method Execution Time in the Methods View for the same PurePath. The method in the Tree View shows 34 seconds where in the Methods view it shows 182 milliseconds where there is actually 34 seconds of DB time within that method. Every other time I've drilled in from a PurePath into Methods and vice versa it always matche. Why wouldn't it in this case??? See below

5 REPLIES 5

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Try adding the Exec [ms] metric into that tree view. Exec Total [ms] is not the execution time of that method, but also includes its children.

antonio_castro
Participant
Exec[ms] and Exec Total[ms] match exactly in the Tree View.

lukas_boesch
Participant

I've got a similar problem. Is there a way to calculate the average Exec Total [ms] for one method including its children over several PurePaths?

There is a measure for this. Create a measure in your system profile and look at Server Side Performance -> Transaction based Measures -> Methods -> Time. Note that if you wanted the execution time of just that method and no children you would use the "Exec Time" measure in the same category.

Hope that helps,

Rick B

Thanks, that helped a lot.

Regards,

Lukas B