Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Agent versions by execution group in WebSphere Message Broker

Carl_Morphet
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello Everyone,

Is is possible to setup WebSphere message broker to load different agent versions (6.5 & 6.2) based on the execution group?

A client has two applications which utilise the same Broker but different execution groups, we're trying to determine whether to merge the environments (not ideal as we're already exceeding xl size) or push for separate brokers

Thank you for the support,

Carl

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Carl,

Do you have two different APM environments (6.2 & 6.5)?

I am wondering that how to install and configure two different agents for a single message broker even though we have an option to instrument the specific execution group instead of message broker.

I guess the end up will be with another messbroker along with execution groups for each application in case you have two different APM environments if not then 6.5 is backwards supported.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Carl_Morphet
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Babar, we do have both a 6.2 and 6.5 environment unfortunately Agents/Collectors cannot be connected to multiple Dynatrace Servers.

As I can see it we need either:

• Two distinct agents running, one in each execution group (if possible)
  • Split WMB to use different brokers each with their own agent (possible but expensive)
  • Collate the environments

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Carl,

I guess the best solution should be a single environment and the second option is splitting/add one more MB to distribute the execution groups.

Regards,

Babar