Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different license types on same server

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi all,

Can we have agent hours license and agent based license on the same server? If yes, can I ensure that agents from a specific agent group consume the agent based license?

Thanks,

Harshal.

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Harshal,

When I read through the agent hours documentation it seemed to indicate that the different license models can run on the same environment but I am not entirely sure about specifically the same server.

Here is what I found: "The license overview dashlet provides information about the agent hours volume usage. Note that the "Agents"-Table at this point only shows non-usage based agents." This makes me think that you should be fine with having them share an evironment, I will let others say whether it works on the same server. For more info, check out this link: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/Manage+Usage+Based+Agent+Hours+Volume

I do know that if you go to Settings -> Dynatrace Server Settings -> Licenses -> Assignments you can assign both based on system profiles and agent groups so that should help with the second question you had.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Yes this is possible, you can add an Agent Hour voucher, this works the same way as an UEM Voucher.

As David already suggested you can then make a reservations for the different System Profiles.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thanks David; you are definitely right about the answer to the second question. Appreciate your time.

Regards,

Harshal.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thank you Patrick. We already have agent hours voucher, we would just add agents to the license and assign the agent hours voucher to that license.

Regards,

Harshal.