cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable IIS web server appmon agent

dave_deleo
Inactive

I need to determine how to disable the IIS web server appmon agent so that I can document it for our users. Unfortunately I have no lab to test with. I know that you would need to stop/disable the Dynatrace Web Service. But would you also need to remove the Dynatrace modules from IIS. Is there any thing else that would need to be done?

Thanks,

David

5 REPLIES 5

lazaroyadrian_p
Organizer

Hi David,
Remember that you will have to restart IIS after removing the dynatrace modules

Regards,
Lazaro

Bert_VanderHeyd
Advisor

When using classic agent there is also the Dynatrace Web Server process. Which you can stop. With the new appmon agent this process is not required.

dave_deleo
Inactive

Bert that is what I was wondering about... when you say stop the Dynatrace Web Server Process? I know to stop the Dynatrace Web Service and to remove the IIS DT module and as Lazaro said restart IIS (Thanks Lazaro!!). But in doing that I thought that would remove the agent from the web server process once the web server process restarted. In IIS the web server process when not used becomes in active. My belief was once it was needed again it would become active again it would come up without the agent. Is there something else involved to disable the agent on the web server process?

Thanks,

David

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello David,

As Lazaro and Bert said:

- (Classic Agent) Stop the Dynatrace Web Server process
- Remove the Dynatrace modules from IIS
- Restart the IIS

After that your IIS will not be monitored by AppMon.

What you mentioned about IIS becoming inactive, if you still have the agent running (so you did not perform any of the steps previously mentioned). Once the IIS becomes inactive is very likely that in AppMon Agents overview, the agent linked to IIS will not show up, until the process get active again. But this does not mean that IIS is not being monitored.

Regards

dave_deleo
Inactive

Totally makes sense. Thanks Rodrigo!