cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling memory analysis server

martin1
Inactive

Can we run AppMon server with disabled memory analysis capabilities?

I am getting configuration problems notifications due to missing memory analysis server.

As the environment does not have separate server for memory analysis I did not configure it.

I am concerned that running memory analysis on DT server can bring the server down and degrade the experience for DT data analysis.

Is there any way to disable memory analysis completely and get rid of these configuration problems notifications?

5 REPLIES 5

franz_soengen
Inactive

Hi Martin,

if you withdraw the permission "Create Memory Dumps" from every role (per default it is provided with the poweruser role), they shouldn't be able to create Memory Dumps.

best regards

Franz

Great tip, Franz!

Thank you!

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Martin K.

I guess you should uninstall the memory analysis server feature instead of ignoring the warning message because your ultimate goal is to not use the same server for the analysis.

From the uninstall or change a program select the Dynatrace and then click on the change and then modify and then follow the below screenshot.

Regards,

Babar

martin1
Inactive

Babar,

That could be a good resolution indeed.

Still I wanted to have it there in case I want to do memory analysis on demand.

Hello @Martin K.

As long as your JVMs are reasonably sized, you can run the Memory Analysis Server on the same machine as the AppMon Server, which reduces network traffic and post-processing time.

Have a look on the below link for the 'Memory Analysis Server best practices'

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/deployment-guide/additional-deployment-best-practices/memory-analysis-server-best-practices/

Regards,

Babar