cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Disk details are not showing in client properly.

senthamilselva1
Inactive

Hi Team,

I have created a dashboard with three measures(CPU, Memory & Disk utilization) and added 10 servers. For all the servers, I can able to see cpu & memory measure values, but for Disk I can able to see only 8 servers as of now.I hope after some time or days , it will come up automatically.

My question is,

Why disk details are not showing while cpu & memory details are available for the same servers.

On what basis the disk information has been picked by DT agent and displaying in the client.

Please let me know for any information.

Thanks

Senthamilselvan J

11 REPLIES 11

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Senthamilselvan,

By default all the partitions / system files are picked up except the excluded one.

Which platform do you have? Physical or Virtual?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

We have only application agent installed on those servers not host agent. Since the servers are in load balancing, the transactions will happen in one server at a time and other server will be ideal. So in that time, since the transaction is not flowing appmon agent will become ideal, so we are not able to get the host for that particular time. Once the transactions started flowing I can able to see all the details.

Please let me know because of the above scenario only we are not seeing those details or might have some other reasons.

Thanks

Senthamilselvan J

Hello Senthamilselvan,

We don't need host agent once the web/app agent already installed on the server because the same agent will capture the host measures.

If the servers are in real load balancing cluster 50/50, then one request will go to the first server and second to another so the ideal time should not be a long for any server especially in the reasonable throughput.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I have attached some screenshot for reference.

Screenshots shows, for some time in a day the cpu & Memory details are not showing and again after some time it is showing.

Please let me know the reason behind the issues.

Thanks & Regards

Senthamilselvanh-appsense-desktopcpu.pngh-appsense-desktopmemory.png J

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Senthamilselvan,

CPU and Memory information could be miss in the case of agent disconnected or restarted the application.

What I can see in the memory related screenshots where the information is missing that there are red lines on the top, it means the violation of configured thresholds.

Can you make sure that agents were connected all the time or the application was available?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thank you for your replay. At that point of time I can able to see all the process which are running on particular server is greyed out (It means the application is fine but there is no transaction) because of that the process will become offline and we are not able to see the cpu, memory & disk related information until the new transactions are coming up.

Here customer is asking why there is no data for some time.

Thanks & Regards

Senthamilselvan j

Hello Senthamilselvan,

Right click on the grayed out process and check the status description and also let me the know the technology you are using e.g. Java, .Net etc...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

We are using .NET agents in our environment.

Hello Senthamilselvan,

There is a certain time limit for the .NET agents that if there no traffic/activity e.g. last 20 minutes the process will be offline automatically.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thank you for your help, So when there is no transaction for more than 20 mins agents will stop functioning and stop collecting metrics information until the next transactions happen.

Thanks & Regards

Senthamilselvan J

Hello Senthamilselvan,

Exactly. This is the default behavior.

Regards,

Baba