cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying User-Agent on PurePath dashlet in AppMon 7

ryan_thames
Newcomer

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to display Client IP and User-Agent for a particular URI for a particular time frame in a dashlet. I've gotten most of the way there with the PurePath dashlet (filtering on the PurePath and adding the Client IP column), but I can't find a way to display the User-Agent on that dashlet. I feel like there's got to be some way to display all this info in one place that I'm missing, can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

trevor_masseng1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ryan,

I am not sure what you mean by User-Agent.

Could you clarify or provide some screenshots? It might help me or someone else answer your question.

miguel_balsa
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello @Ryan T.,

I don't totally understand your request, but I think this is what you're looking for:

This is a Business Transaction split by user-agent.

First, you have to specify the capture settings in the Web Server Sensor to capture user agent header, as shown in the screenshot below.

Then, just create a custom measure using the Web request - Header Value metric, setting the Header Filed as user-agent.

Use this new created measure as the splitting for the new business transaction and that's all.

Please let me know if you have any problems doing this.

Sorry that my question wasn't more clear, but this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!