cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have something for Auto Healing in dynatrace

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi Experts,

My question is, As we do have alert notification facility in dynatrace to notify the concern team about performance issues. Do we have something to take some automatic actions like suppose if Memory utilization goes beyond 80% we want to directly restart our that JVM instance of application server. Could be done through batch script or shell script.

Do we have something like this already available?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Bharti Gaur

2 REPLIES 2

pahofmann
Champion

Hi Bharti,

there is no finished script or anything like that, but it is not hard to build one with the Dynatrace API!

You can get some good insights for auto healing with Dyntrace from the blog posts: Self-healing: Ansible Tower fixes Dynatrace-detected problems in real time and Auto-Mitigation with Dynatrace AI – or shall we call it Self-Healing? from Wolfgang and Andi.

gaur_bharti
Guide

@Patrick H. Thanks a lot for the documentation you have provided, It actually helped me.

I have a question regarding OneAgent, which Andi mentioned in the second link, Is it separate agent than our regular java agent? If yes, do we need to install this agent per JVM?

Could also please provide the complete procedure to enable what Andi has mentioned in this blog. https://www.dynatrace.com/blog/auto-mitigation-wit...

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Bharti G.