cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Does Windows server 2003 standard SP2 (64-bit) supports DynaTrace6.0

sadasiva_orugan
Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

sadasiva_orugan
Contributor

Hi There,

• As per the DT6.0 release notes dynaTrace Collector & Server is only supported by operating systems that support Java 7
    • My question was can Windows server 2003  standard SP2 (64-bit)with Intel® Xeon® CPU E7450@2.40 GHz processor supports Java7?
    • When I looked up on the specification of oracle site it does not list Windows Server 2003 as one of the supported servers for jdk 1.7, however in the DT 6.0 release notes mentioned Server >= 2003 with latest service pack will support. Could you please clarify the same?
  • Also does SQL server 2005 is compatible with DT6.0 or not?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi.

There is a section called "System Requirements & Supported Technologies" in our Release Notes: Dynatrace 6.1 Release Notes - this shows you exactly which OS versions we support. As you can see in that list we do support Win2003

Andi

Hi Andi,

I captured the info from the system requirements only. The confusing statement from DT6.0 release notes was "dynaTrace Collector & Server is only supported by operating systems that support Java 7", but when I looked at the specification of oracle site it does not list Windows Server 2003 as one of the supported servers for jdk 1.7

Could you please clarify. Here is my server details

Windows server 2003  standard SP2 (64-bit) Intel® Xeon® CPU E7450@2.40 GHz

Regards,

Sadasiva

Hi Sadasiva,

Although Windows Server 2003 isn't on the list of supported OS for Java 1.7, we do support it, because our tests show no issues with Win2003.

We will announce discontinue support for  Windows Sever 2003 in the upcoming 6.2 release, which means 6.2 is the last version, where Win2003 is supported.

Reason for that is the EOL of Windows Server 2003 announced by Microsoft for July 2015.

When do you plan to upgrade your Windows Server 2003?

Thanks,
Kurt 

Thanks Kurt.

This was a good information. Definetly I do have plans to upgrade my server from 2003 to the latest as we are upgrading DT4.2 to DT6.0.

So I would like to confirm on the H/W details before take any decision.

Regards,

Sadasiva

Hi,
I contemplated changing the documentation, but it says we support Win 2003 latest SP.

We had a lot of such edge-cases / hair-splitting recently and one can´t account for each and every variant.
Pragmatic way is to ask – like in this case.
Regards
G.