cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if Softwareag Universal Messaging v9.12 is supported by dynatrace appmon 7 ?

pieter_luttig
Contributor

Does anyone know if Softwareag Universal Messaging v9.12 is supported by dynatrace appmon 7 ?

8 REPLIES 8

pieter_luttig
Contributor
@Jose C. do you perhaps have any idea?

pahofmann
Champion

I'm not familiar with the application, but do you have any information which technology it is based on?

Hi Patrick,

It's a Webmethods product, based on a Java 1.8 platform.

Regards

pahofmann
Champion

With appmon you can instrument basically every Java application. Some easier then others though.

It depends e.g. on the type of technology used communication. If there is an predefined Sensor Pack (like e.g. for Servlets) you are all set, if they use technologys where there are no OOTB sensors present in dynatrace you might have to define you own entry points.

pieter_luttig
Contributor

That sounds promising enough to start with testing, I suppose the hardest part is to figure out where in the config to inject the agent, but I will sort that out with the App Owner.

Thanks for the info!

Yes the easiest way to check if it would be viable is a test instrumentation. The app operations team or vendor can surely provide the right place for the jvm argument to get the agent in.

raphael_ms
Guide

Are there any latest news ... any ideas for a sensor config regarding Universal Messaging (for AppMon 7)?

tomas_helgi_ste
Newcomer

So does anyone found a good solution with this geting UM into dynatrace ?