cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does storing more number of custom dashboards on dynatrace server will effect the performance of Dynatrace server.

parveen_shaik
Inactive

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Storing dashboards alone doesn't really have any significant impact, they will just be xml files on disk. The work and load occurs when a dashboard is opened and viewed, this is when the client will be calling the server for everything it needs to display on that dashboard. If there are dashboards that are very "heavy" which are asking to load large amounts of PurePaths or other "raw data" this is where the performance of the server can be impacted when multiple people are asking for lots of data.

Storing the dashboards alone should not be very impactful.

James

Hi James
Thanks for your quick response.

If a number of users trying to create a report out of same dashboard (REST Interface) using common id from different machines - via Web Start Client . This will also have affect on the dynaTrace server performance right? Can you please correct me if I'am wrong.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Praveen,

There should not be any performance affect except you will need more space to store the custom dashboards (if you don't have sufficient space available) because by default dashboards stores inside the dynatrace installed directory.

Regards,

Babar

parveen_shaik
Inactive

Hi James

Thanks for your quick response.

If a number of users trying to create a report out of same dashboard (REST Interface) using common id from different machines - via Web Start Client . This will also have affect on the dynaTrace server performance right? Can you please correct me if I'am wrong.