cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Load Time measure include the time spent on UEM data post calls from the client?

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

In the document, the Load Time measure is defined as "Represents the total time of a user action". What does it mean? Does it includes the time spent on UEM post calls (sending data from the client browser to UEM servers)? It seems not because I can't see it in Slow third party content section in the User Action Purepath.

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I believe Load Time will reflect the firing of the onLoad event in the browser. See here for more details:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/user-...

James

chengyao_zhu
Contributor

That's what I got from the documentation and it means that the Dynatrace UEM post call should be included. However in the User Action PurePath, I don't find these calls. What's missing here?

Two things:

1. In AppMon you are only going to see the slowest calls based on your user experience configurations
  2. I believe the post call back from the browser actually waits until several seconds after the onLoad event so that it can include all of the information. If it sent it prior to the onLoad event it wouldn't be able to include the onLoad event time.

Thanks James.

Where can I find the user experience configurations to show the slowest calls? Is it 4 seconds threshold?

Based on what you described, the post call won't be included in Load Time since Load Time ends when onload event ends. Is it right?