cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DynaTrace Desktop Client - Database Summary makes PurePath Details Pane extremely slow

jhem
Advisor

While browsing the PurePaths dashlet, for some PurePaths, the tree panel becomes unusable and very slow.

I managed to isolate the issue to the Database Summary:

This particular PurePath takes almost a minute to load its Tree panel. Once it's loaded, scrolling up and down is impossible. The desktop interface freezes until I manage click through the unersponsive UI and close the Database Summary.

In general, everytime the Tree panel hits a Database Summary down the list, the UI becomes slugish. For some PurePaths, it simply hangs and I'm forced to restart the client.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem?

This UI performance has always been there to a point, but it seems to have gotten a lot worse in recent updates.

Client Version: 7.2.23.1032

5 REPLIES 5

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Julio,

Perhaps your client does not have enough memory allocated. Depending on how many other tabs you've got open and other factors. Try increasing it and see if it helps.

To increase, open the client, select Settings -> Dynatrace Client.

What is Maximum Heap Memory set to? Try 2000-3000MB?

jhem
Advisor

My worksation has 16GB RAM and the Client's heap is configured with 7GB.

I tried increasing the heap to 10GB, but the behavior is still the same.

It doesn't seem to be using that much memory, but it hogs 1 cpu core while rendering the PurePath Tree stack.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

One thing I would try: Export that single purepath into a stored session, then access the purepath from the stored session. Does it still respond sluggish?

Yep! Tried that too. For certain PurePaths, it' still slugish.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If the purepath is large, it can be sluggish to navigate thru it. But your PP in the screenshot is only size 51, which isn't large, so I'm not sure I understand why you're experiencing sluggishness.

Do you have any way to post the PP so I can get a copy? It would be interesting to see if I experience the same sluggishness.