cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynamic Measure Alerting

alancast
Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to create alerts based on dynamic measures? I would think not, but a customer wants to configure alerting based on the results of the MQ monitoring plugin with different thresholds for different queues, and not all queues alerted on. As the individual queue measures are dynamic, I can't simply create a new incident rule for them (only the template, which would impact all the child dynamic measures) and I can't seem to create a BT with them. This is on Appmon 6.3 by the way.

Thanks,

Adrian.

3 REPLIES 3

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Adrian,

You cannot create BTs for Monitor measures, only PurePath, User Action or Visit measures.

Maybe you could use the Extended Email Action Plugin to filter/route incidents based on the dynamic measure name?

HTH,

dave

Kodai_Ishikawa
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Adrian,

I ran into the same exact challenge in the past. In our case, we were looking to create alerts based off of the dynamic measure data gathered by a plugin but required separate thresholds.

As Dave suggested, the Extended Email Action Plugin worked nicely for us as it allowed us to create separate thresholds for each splitting of a measure.

The plugin is available below..

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Specifically if you navigate to the header 'New in the Release 0.9.9.18', that should give you some additional information on how to configure the plugin with dynamic measures.

Regards,

Kodai

alancast
Contributor

I shall take a look, thanks guys!