cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace 5.6 using more storage than specified storage quota

sandeep_palava3
Participant

I believe dynatrace shouldn't occupy more than the specified storage limit in the Storage Settings. But, when i got to the server and check the  Size on the server, i can see that the dynatrace installation folder is way more than the storage limit (818GB on disk and storage quota is 680 GB). Please refer the screenshots attached.

Is there anything I am missing here? Is it expected? 

5 REPLIES 5

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please check if there is anything in the D:\dynaTrace directory besides the "Session" folder? The storage settings gives the size of the "Session" folder.

Thanks,

Harshal.

Thanks for the response Harshal! I have only the sessions folder inside dynaTrace folder.

jerry_lobenstei
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I would check the directory   stored   \sessions   where you have it set in the dynaTrace server and see what is in there if anything other than dynaTrace session data.  You can also have  Memory, Thread and CPU dumps you have taken stored in the directory as well.

You can double click on Session(in cockpit) and see what is taking up the space   You can also go into debug mode and see what session data is live and actively recording?

Continuous Session storage mechanism always writes chunks of 5GB files to the session directory.  If you reduce the session quota size the oldest 5GB will be deleted.   The session management mechanism should be overwriting older data to stay within the specified quota.

Thanks Jerry!

I have cross checked and can see only session, memdump, threaddump and sampling data under sessions\stored\<my system profile>

I dont have any new session storage or memory dump/ thread dump / CPU sampling running or created in the recent past. I used to have 750 GB out of 836 GB as the storage quota and i had reduced it to 680 GB after my disk was full. I dont want to reduce the quota further, as I will have lesser historical purepaths. 

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Sandeep,

your second screenshot confirms what Jerry was referring to: lots of Memdumps and exportet sessions. The session quota that you have set only counts for the continous session storage and not for manual created sessions, which you have to remove manually.

Reinhard

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net