cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace 6.5 App Mon do not detect Methods

lyubomira_valch
Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

could someone please share how deep dynatrace can watch in the code. Currently i have added new API in the profile, i have added several methods in the sensor package but still i don't see them being used, but they are.

thank you!

Regards,

Lyubomira

6 REPLIES 6

martin_chochke1
Advisor

Did you set them as "active and start PurePaths" in the sensor configuration?

Hi @Martin C

yes the the methods are activated in the sensors package and are part of the agent group sensor package which is active. I added the classes in the API also, restarted the application itself but still dont see the methods when i open the pure path or the methods lists. I know that those methods are used for sure from the software.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lyubomira

If everything is instrumented properly I would suggest opening a support ticket regarding this. There may be something in the logs that will give insight into what's going on here.

Hi @Martin C. ,

thank you for the reply! Another question that is coming is, how deep dynatrace can trace the methods, because currently i can see some of the main classes and wondering if there is some limit of the classes depth, although after it is finding the methods to add them, they should be visible too.

thank you!

Regards,

Lyubomira

If you set the sensor to "active and start PurePaths" it should either be starting purepaths or it is getting stitched to another PurePath.

Hi @Martin C. thank you for your answers!