cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace 7.0 - Transaction Flow - Web Client - Failed Transaction

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi,

In the transaction flow of web client (dynatrace 7.0), noticed that failed transactions are categorized in the left side.

1)How dynatrace mark transaction as failed(i.e) What and all criteria involved to say particular transaction is failed.

2)Failure Rate failure rate calculated (i,e)any formula involved

3)How it categories into different buckets such as "less than 10%, 10 - 25 % , 25-50%, 50 - 99%".I want to know bucket rule for this.

Anyone please help to understand..Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards

Soorya Mohan

3 REPLIES 3

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Is any failure rate formula is no. of transactions/failed one ->then how the failed one is identified in dynatrace

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Soorya,

I took the below information from the documentation that how failure rate is calculate.

The failure rate is calculated based on the detected errors that identify a transaction or user action as failed.

The baseline for failure rate uses a binomial distribution.

Violation detection is based on significant measurements. For example:

• 1 failed out of 5 requests is a 20% failure rate, but this may not be significant during a low-traffic time range such as late night.
  • 100 failed out of 1000 requests — a 10% failure rate — during a high-load time range is significant, so an alert is issued.

Failure rate can also be set statically.

The following information is about how the errors detects by the appmon.

AppMon detects errors by defining rules based on captured HTTP response codes, Java/.NET exceptions, Java/.NET log messages, or JavaScript errors (browser errors). Each error detection rule further defines the consequences of the detected error. A detected error can have one of the following consequences:

• – The error is simply detected and does not have further consequences.
  • – The error indicates that the whole transaction (PurePath) where the error was detected has failed.
  • – The error indicates that the whole PageAction (including the transaction) to which the PurePath belongs has failed.

The following are examples of how rules can be defined:

• All HTTP 5xx response codes that are detected on a transaction entry point indicate errors that cause the whole PageAction to be marked as failed. PurePaths with HTTP 5xx response codes are also automatically grouped as an HTTP response sub-category in the Web UI as part of problem pattern detection.
  • All exceptions that happen on database calls indicate errors.
  • When a log message with a certain text is captured, the transaction (PurePath) where this log message has occurred is marked as failed.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks @Babar Q. It gives an idea on failure rate calculation.