cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace AppMon 2017 May Release - Feedback

Ingo_Hackl
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Please provide your feedback about Dynatrace AppMon 2017 May Release here.

Your feedback helps us to continuously improve our products.

Thanks

Ingo

7 REPLIES 7

alexander_zagor
Advisor

I have a question regarding PHP ver 7 support. We expected to get it with AppMon 7 release:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/176180/wil...

Still, PHP ver 7 is not listed in doc page:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Why?

Thanks.

PHP 7 support will be available via the OneAgent in a beta state only. for this reason we do not add it to the supported systems yet.

Christian

joshua_raymond
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

When upgrading to AppMon 7.0, we noticed that the migration of the Performance Warehouse took 10-15 minutes to complete due to the deletion of duplicate measures as shown within the below logs. Is this 10-15 minute migration to be expected or is this an unusually slow case?

I ran into the same thing. It's what I imagine is a relatively small performance warehouse (800 MB) and took about 2 minutes. Not really a problem for me but I don't remember previous updates taking nearly as long for that step.

Hi Josh and Greg,

yes, this is as expected. We're trying to clean up some duplicate measure entries that have creeped into these tables over the past 10 years or so. It's a bit of a delicate step where we don't want to lose any information and have to be completely consistent with all sorts of error cases, so it takes some time to do all the id cross-checking. Let us know if you see any errors during this step, cheers,

Peter

PS: but actually, thanks for the feedback. I think we're going to add a sort of "Expect this to run for 15 minutes" text to some step during the PWH connection, because you're right, we haven't often had such a complex migration step.

Very useful information Peter! Thanks for sharing. Just wasn't expecting a longer migration but happy to see a duplicate measure purge make it into the process. Thanks!