cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace Appmon client - customer improvement program popup

chris_geebelen
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi,

When you first start the Appmon client it will ask you with a popup if you want to participate with the customer improvement program. Is this something you can disable by changing a setting in the config file of the client? A prospect wants to roll out clients for users but want this to be disabled in the package which will be used.

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Chris, I'm not aware of such a feature at this time. I suggest you submit an RFE.

Sorry.

Hey Joe, this is what happens immediately after the AM client is installed. The user is prompted to participate - I don't have a screenshot right now to share tho.

Here's a screenshot taken from a fresh upgrade. It's whenever a client connects to a server for the first time.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Guys, Sorry for the ambiguity. When I stated ".. not aware of such a feature...", I was referring to the fact that there's no feature to disable the dialog window.

But keep in mind that this dialog happens only once per user and frankly i'm not sure why this is an issue. If you don't want the users to participate, tell them to select No. Is there a big corporate concern if they select 'yes'?

Ahh, gotcha. I was thinking, there's no way Joe hasn't seen this haha.

chris_geebelen
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Joe,

If it does not exists than then there is no other choice than to create an RFE :-). These are of course little details, but if we can tackle them for the customer it's positive.

Chris