cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace Community credentials invalid

Our client was unable us his credentials when asked through the start menu. I thought it may have been a permissions issue and to my surprise I was unable to log in as well, even though I am able to log in and make this post. I tried using the credentials I use to log into the server (6.3) through the Web Start Client and that was a no go too. I can't seem to find anything on the forums and not entirely sure what sort of benefits are gained through this feature.

Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be with logging in?

What sort of benefits do I gain from this feature?

Thanks,

Tony

1 REPLY 1

benjamin_wright
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Tony,

as for the benefits you gain, it's pretty much what it says in the documentation:

"APM Community Credentials

To get the latest FixPacks, SpeedOfTheWeb data and news within the Dynatrace Client, you need to enter your APM community credentials. These credentials are the same ones you've entered to access this page."

(https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT63/User+Permissions+and+Authentication)

For example, the Dynatrace Client will notify you if an update is available and you can download it directly.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, though... do you maybe have to configure a proxy in the Client? The credentials to use should be exactly the same as you use to log into this community, not the ones you use to connect to the server.