cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace Disk Storage

anil_perera2
Helper

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

I see the following statement in the above link. Where is this option?

Total Storage Quota

Select this option to schedule a task that monitors disk space at an interval of 10 seconds and checks whether the following occurs:

• Disk quota is exceeded.
  • Minimum free disk space is reached.
4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Anil,

This information is available in the Dynatrace server settings. You can find it by going to Settings -> Storage and there you can manage both the total and system profile based storage settings from within the AppMon Client.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Hey David - I think Anil is referring to the specific Total Storage Quota feature that is described. I've looked around and haven't been able to find such a configuration or task anywhere even in debug mode.

EDIT - unless its referring to Total Disk Quota, it doesn't say anything about a scheduled task or anything so I'm not sure.

Hey Guys,

I believe setting the Total Disk Quota will automatically make the mentioned task and monitor. I say this because that is the only way I can think of for the server to know its current utilization in reference to the total disk space.

I am not sure how to get someone from development to confirm this though.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

I found an old support ticket that describes this functionality as being related to that setting so it does look like it's just a naming difference. From ticket (note it refers to old 5.6 documentation but still applies):

You will be able set the Storage Quota under the server properties. Please see the documentation here:
https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT56/Storage

Session storage should be handled automatically, and may require a dynatrace server restart to get it back to a working state if this is not happening. But

A special task scheduled at an interval of 10s watches over disk space.
It checks if
disk quota is exceeded
minimum free disk space is reached (less than 1GB)