cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Graphs Limitation

ppuru
Participant

-        Seems like not all measurements can be displayed as graphs in Dynatrace

-        For instance, I want to display a particular exceptions count over a period of time in graphical manner. Is it possible to achieve this in Dynatrace? I tried but couldn't find my way around.

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi

I think these are the steps

#1: Create a new Dashboard

#2: Add a chart

#3: Click on Add Series and select Server Side Performance -> Functional Health -> Exceptions -> Count

That gives you the number of Exceptions captured by dynatrace over time. You can now also change the timeframe of your dashboard and go back in history as long as you want. You can even setup your own custom measures for certain types of Exceptions and then chart them as well. Best way to set this up is to open the Exception Dashlet and via a Right Click on the Exception of interest select "Create Measure"

Hope this helps

ppuru
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Point #3 gives me a chart plotting overall exception count. In fact, I'm looking to plot a graph portraying exception count for a particular Exception Class over a period of time.

I'm not sure what 'Create Measure' option does because this functionality has been disabled for me to due to access limitation.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

So - to chart a particular Exception you would need to create a Measure for that particular Exception. The "Create Measure" menu entry in the Exception Dashlet will create that measure but it also requires you to have privileges to change the System Profile as you are adding a new measure which is stored in the System Profile. I hope you find somebody with these priviliges that can create that measure for you. Thats the way to go for you